In this guide, I will share my favorite best WordPress plugins. All these plugins are clean-coded, super-fast and most of them are free. I hope that this guide can help you only install the best and essential WordPress plugins on your website.
This review guide will be updated regularly from time to time if I found additional or better replacements. (Last Updated On: AUG 2021)
How To Get WordPress Plugins For Free?
Plugin development is constantly changing with each new WordPress release. Keep updated with the latest changes. The official WordPress repository is the largest directory of free and open-source WordPress plugins. You can download all the plugins listed in this guide for free by just copy the exact plugin name from this guide and paste it at the search bar at the official WordPress repository here.
- Kadence Blocks – I like their recently added free wireframe templates
- Qubely – Plenty of custom blocks, predefined sections and starter packs to create beautiful web pages.
- Getwid – Collection of 40+ Gutenberg blocks that greatly extends the library of existing core WordPress blocks and 35+ unique pre-made block templates for the Block Editor.
- Stackable – Stackable is the all-in-one solution for creating stunning websites with Gutenberg.
- Genesis Blocks – Gives you more control to quickly create and launch any kind of site you want.
- GenerateBlocks – Add incredible versatility to your editor without bloating it with tons of one-dimensional Gutenberg blocks.
- Swift Performance Lite – Best free cache plugin. The need for Speed. Cache & Performance plugin for WordPress!
- WP Performance – Makes website faster, speeds up page load time, and instantly improves website performance scores in services like GTmetrix, Pingdom, YSlow, and PageSpeed.
- LiteSpeed Cache – The best cache plugin. An all-in-one site acceleration plugin, featuring an exclusive server-level cache and a collection of optimization features.
- WP Rocket (premium) – Fast cache plugin. Easy to use, most powerful caching plugin.
- SEO Framework – Clean and bloat-free. Most simple SEO plugin.
- All in One SEO – The original WordPress SEO plugin started in 2007.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO Free contains everything that you need to manage your SEO, and the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and its extensions unlock even more tools and functionality.
- Rank Math – Another great SEO plugin that keep on improving.
- ShortPixel – A freemium, easy to use, comprehensive and stable. Best compression and glossy formats.
- LiteSpeed Cache – Free and great for huge sites.
- WP Compress – Automatically optimizes your images to shrink file sizes, improve load times
- Imagify – Optimize images without losing quality, convert WebP and speed up your website
- Swift Performance Lite – They will add this feature for free if you create an account with them.
- TinyPNG/JPG – Make your website faster by optimizing your JPEG and PNG images.
- Fluent Forms – Ultimate user-friendly, customizable drag-and-drop WordPress Contact Form Plugin that offers you all the premium features, plus many more completely unique additional features.
- Caldera – Free and powerful WordPress plugin that creates responsive forms with a simple drag and drop editor. But stop updating now.
- All-in-One WP Migration – So far, I have been using it without any problem. Free version has 500 MB limit.
- Duplicator – Perform a full WordPress migration without struggling. But, may be too technical for beginners
- WPvivid Backup and Migration Plugin – Offers backup, migration, and staging as basic features, and is integrating more and more elegant features, such as unused images cleaner etc. It might be buggy if your site too huge (>10GB)
- BackWPup – Save your complete installation including /wp-content/ and push them to an external Backup Service, like Dropbox, S3, FTP and many more. Yes, Free!
- FluentSMTP – New email plugin that will solve all your email deliverability problems
- WP Mail SMTP – Make email deliverability easy and reliable.
- Wordfence – My best free security plugin.
- Advanced Database Cleaner – Clean up database by deleting orphaned items such as ‘old revisions’, ‘spam comments’, optimize database and more.
- WP Migrate DB – WordPress migration plugin that makes exporting and migrating your database easy, fast, and straightforward.
- WP Optimize – This simple, popular and highly effective tool has everything you need to keep your website fast and thoroughly optimized!
- Autoptimize – Can be helpful but not always necessary if have a theme and plugins that can do the same functions.
- WordPress Asset CleanUp – Scans your page and detects all the assets that are loaded. All you have to do when editing a page/post is just to select the CSS/JS that are not necessary to load, this way reducing the bloat.
If you have gone through my Improve Site Speed lesson, I mentioned that the more plugins you installed the slower your website will load. This also applies to the more unnecessary fancy functions you add to your site the more codes will be loaded and the slower your website will be. I suggest only pick the essentials you really need.