In this WordPress Tutorial, I will guide you on how to install Google Analytics to WordPress site without needing you to copy and paste any code to your website.
If you prefer a video guide, you can watch the tutorial video below:
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tracking tool offered by Google for you to track or analyze your website activities so that you can take steps further to improve your website.
After this tutorial, you will be able to track things like:
- How many people are visiting your website
- Where are they coming from
- How much time they are spending on your website
- The most popular or most visited page on your website
- And much more data
Not only that, but you will also learn how to submit your website to Google Search Console so that your website can be seen and index by Google Search Engine and how to connect your website to Google Pagespeed Insights to analyze your website performance.
Part 1: Create A Free Google Analytics Account
- Go to Google to search for ” Google Analytics ” it should appear on the first search result. If you do not have an account or you want to use a new account, click on ” Create Account ”
- At the next page, click the ” Start Measuring ” button and enter your account name. In Google Analytics, one account can have multiple websites. Click next and enter the property name you want.
- I suggest you create the UA code as well. To create the UA code, click the ” Show advanced option ” and toggle on the ” Create a Universal Analytics property ” and key in your URL website you want to track and click next to fill in any information relevant to your website or business and click create.
- You have successfully create a Google Analytic account.
Part 2: Connect Google Analytics To Your Website
- Login to your WordPress dashboard to install a plugin ” Site Kit by Google ” and activate this plugin.
- After this plugin is installed, click on the ” Start setup ” button on top of your WordPress dashboard.
- Next, click on the ” Sign in with Google ” button and select the email address you use to create with Google Analytics account in Part 1. You need to click on ” Allow ” to grant your permission for this plugin to your account.
- Next, under ” Verify site ownership ” click the ” Proceed ” button and click on allow for all selection until you reach the ” Add Site ” button and click on that button.
- After that, you will see the word congratulation and click the ” Go to dashboard ” button and you will redirect to your dashboard and you will see ” Connected ” under the ” Search Console ” box. This means, your website has been submitted to Google Search Console and your website now will be index by Google.
- Now, click on the ” Connect service ” under the ” Google Analytics ” box and click on allow and you will see your Google Analytics account and property or your website to select.
- Next, click on the ” CONFIGURE ANALYTICS ” button and you will see ” Connected ” under the ” Google Analytics ” box.
- To check your Google Analytics connect properly, open your browser in incognito mode, go to your website while opening your Google Analytics dashboard and go to the ” Overview ” under “Real time”. you will see the number will change to “1” in “Right now” You can also see the location of the visitor on the map.
- The last one is to connect the “Pagespeed Insight” box and click ” Connect service” and it will automatically run to test your site speed and show your the steps you need to improve your site speed.
- After some time, you can click on “Search Console” or “Google Analytics” to see data from your WordPress dashboard.
This is the easiest way to connect your website to Google Search Console and Google Analytics and it is also a beginner-friendly method that can avoid copying and pasting code errors to your website. Besides that, you can also monitor your site speed as a bonus using the same method. 3 in 1 plugin, what a great deal, and is free!
To start a WordPress website, click here.